Enjoy your staycation
Not everyone can afford to go away during the December holidays. But it doesn't mean you can't make the most of your time off to relax, kick back and feel refreshed and ready to face 2015.
You don't have to mega bucks either. Here are 10 ways to enjoy your staycation on the cheap:
- Have a home 'spa' day: It's your time off and time to pamper yourself. Spoil yourself with a DIY spa day in the comfort of your home. Take a long bubble bath, treat yourself to a facial or do your nails. You don't need fancy beauty potions and lotions either. Search the internet for home beauty treatments you can make from things you can find in your fridge and grocery cupboard.
- Tackle a personal project: Take on those projects you've been meaning to get around to but haven't yet. Whether it's spring cleaning your room, getting organised for the New Year, taking up a craft or hobby or planting a veggie garden - get on it!
- Go for a picnic: Pack a simple picnic basket, invite a few friends and head over to a picnic spot at your local park or backyard. Get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoors.
- Stay over with family: Catch up with family you haven't seen in ages and spend some quality bonding time together.
- Explore your city like a tourist: On your ace or with friends, spend a day getting to know your town, city or neighbourhood attractions a bit better. Take a few selfies while you're at it too.
- Check out the local library: Besides catching up on your reading, your local library may offer free craft lessons, talks or workshops that may interest you. It never hurts to find out.
- Have sleepovers with your besties: Sleepovers are just the best. Time to bond with your besties and talk about the boys that make your weak at the knees. For added fun, theme your sleepover. You could do a beauty, movie or quiz evening.
- Look out for free events: Basically any event that does not require an entrance fee is where you and your chomas will want to be. Think mall events, a community fair or a Carols by Candlelight evening.
- Play board games: Whether its Scrabble, 30 Seconds; make things interesting by hosting a marathon board game tournament with friends and family. Winner takes all!
- Perfect the art of napping: Take a well-deserved nap in the middle of the day and you don't have to feel guilty about it at all. It's your staycation after all. Enjoy!
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No