Get Lupita Nyong'o's Oscar look
Breathtaking is one way to describe actress Lupita Nyong’o 2014 Oscar look. The Mexican-born, Kenyan-raised actress wore a light "Nairobi" blue Prada dress that’s landed on best-dressed lists around the world. The 31-year-old won the 2014 Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the movie 12 Years a Slave.
Lupita's make-up for the evening was flawless. She kept it natural and wore a coral lipstick that beautifully complemented her skin tone. She accessorised her short hairdo with a skinny Alice band. By the end of the evening, people were comparing her to Cinderella.
And her acceptance speech when she received her gold statue made us love her even more: “No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” Something every choma should live by.
What we love about sassy Lupita is that she’s not shy about experimenting with different colours, styles and cuts. There’s no way this lady won’t catch your attention. Here’s how to get Lupita’s Oscar look:
- Face: Apply Pond’s or Garnier BB cream or air-soft mousse like Maybelline Matte Mousse suitable for your complexion. Wear golden blush on the cheeks.
- Lips: Go for coral or dark pink lipstick.
- Eyes: Wear medium sized fake lashes or apply mascara if you have long eyelashes.
- Accessories: Vist Mr Price or Claire's Accessories for pretty Alice band, bold earrings, delicate bangles and a statement ring.
- Body: Show off your skin with moisture rich body lotion like Vaseline's Total Moisture in Cocoa Glow.
- Dress: Visit Forever New and YDE for similar cuts. If you ever shop online, www.spree.co.za also has a collection of great dresses.
Now you’re pout and picture perfect.
Image credit: Lupito Nyong'o's Facebook Page
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No