Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
Are your friends giving you grief for being a virgin? Don't let it get to you. Don't give it up until you're ready. These celebs waited to have sex and have no regrets. Celebrate your virginity. It's something to be proud of.
- Thirty-six year old actress Tamera Mowry-Housley of US sitcom ‘Sister Sister’ fame lost her virginity at 29 to her now hubby Adam Housley. Not only did she do ‘it’ at 29, she then waited three years later to have sex again, once she and Adam were married.
“I don't know how to explain this. I'm religious, so I waited until I was 29 to lose my virginity. You may not understand, I did it, then I felt guilty, then I became celibate until I got married.” – Tamera Mowry-Housley.
- Did you know that Olympic star Lolo Jones is still a virgin. The 32-year-old track, field and bobsled athlete is loud and proud of her feat.
"It's just something, a gift that I want to give to my husband, but please understand this journey has been hard. If there are virgins out there, I just want to let them know, it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Harder than training for the Olympics, harder than graduating from college - has been to stay a virgin before marriage. I've been tempted." - Lolo Jones.
- The gorgeous Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima held out until she married basketball player Marko Jaric when she was 27 years old.
“[Men] have to respect that this is my choice. If there’s no respect, that means they don’t want me… you know, you have to stick up for your beliefs…just follow your own values.” – Adriana Lima.
- Singer Jessica Simpson publicly announced that she was waiting for marriage to have sex for the first time. In 2002, she married, Nick Lachey, best known as the lead singer of popular boy band ‘98 Degrees’ in the 90s. She was 22-years-old at the time.
"I promised God, my father and my future husband that I would remain a virgin until I got married. I just always knew it was something I wanted to do." - Jessica Simpson.
- Singing superstar Celine Dion waited until she was 20 to lose her virginity to her manager and later, husband, René Angélil. Celine knew that René was the man for her and she was truly ready to be with him.
When René told her, “If you really want to, I’ll be the first.” Celine replied: “You’ll be the first. And the only.”
Stay strong and committed to your promise of being a virgin and give it up only when you are ready to.
Image credit: Tamera Mowry-Housley on Instagram
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No