Questionnaire: Is my lifestyle healthy?
With exam results coming up for some of you, deciding on and planning to get along with more family members visiting these December holidays, it’s sometimes hard to stop and think about yourself and your health. Which sometimes makes it simple for some bad habits to pop up again, and disturb your flow especially when you’re trying to stay healthy.
Choma, it’s important to pay close attention when your bad habits start taking over your life, even during the festive season, and start causing you to live an unhealthy lifestyle. Whether it’s sleep, sexual health, alcohol, exercise or emotional or mental health issues, there is always an issue that you are going to have to deal with these holidays, in order to develop your own healthy lifestyle choma.
Take this questionnaire choma, just answer “yes’ or “no” for each question then add up your answers to find out how healthy (or unhealthy) your lifestyle is.
- Do you practise safe sex in intimate relationships?
- Do you go for regular Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs, like the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), screenings?
- Do you sleep between 6-8 hours per night?
- Do you sleep easily through the night?
- Do you eat at least 2 fruits and vegetables a day?
- Do you limit the amount of sugar and salt you take in a day?
- Do you limit the amount of alcohol you take?
- Do you stay away from cigarettes or other tobacco products like hookah?
- Do you stay active for at least 4 days a week, for a minimum of 30 minutes?
- Do you brush your teeth daily?
- Do you visit the clinic or your doctor if you feel that something’s wrong?
- Do you have enough emotional support from family and/or friends?
How did you score?
Zero to four
If you answer was "yes" to between zero and four questions then you have a lot of work to do in changing your lifestyle into a healthy one. Look at the pattern of your answers where you answered “yes” to find out where you need to work on your good health. Ask Choma, if you are struggling to do it on your own.
Five to eight
If you answered "yes" to between five and eight questions then your lifestyle is fairly healthy. But, if there are areas where you can improve on then think about those few easy changes that you can make in your day-to-day living. Maybe, instead of 3 teaspoons of sugar in your cup, add just two or why not try and go to bed half an hour earlier? Make sure whatever changes you make, you write them down on a notepad or piece of paper and keep track of them. More importantly, celebrate the changes you have made.
Nine to twelve
If you answered "yes" to nine to twelve of these questions then choma, you have a healthy lifestyle. Keep it up, you are taking care of yourself! Even if you scored well, I’m sure there are still areas of your physical or emotional health that you feel that you may need to work on. If you find that you are not able to recognise areas of change yourself, consider asking a trusted friend, adult or a health professional for help.
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No