6 clothing care tips you should know
Don't you hate it when you've spilt something on that brand new white shirt you bought the other day during the holidays?! You can't always go out and just buy a new top every time you get a stain on a favourite shirt. You really have to be sharp about such things if you want your clothing to last longer. No worries though, Choma has you covered! Here are six clothing care tips every choma should know:
- Make a pair of pantyhose last longer by spraying it with hairspray. It will prevent those pantyhose runs and you won't have to keep buying new ones. If there is a small run, prevent it from getting bigger by dabbing it with a bit of clear nail polish.
- For bad underarm sweat stains on your clothing, try applying lemon juice on the stain area until wet. Then rub on a teaspoon of salt until the stain begins to disappear. Throw into the wash as usual.
- It can be so annoying when you get chewing gum stuck on the only pair of jeans that fits you well. Don't stress. Take an ice cube and rub it on the sticky gum. The coolness of the ice will harden the gum making it easier for you to scrape off.
- If you have a zipper that is stuck, just rub on some candle wax or a bar of soap to help you get it unstuck. With the right amount of tugging and pulling it should budge.
- Pilling jerseys or tops are the worst. Apply velcro material on the clothing item to get rid of the pilling.
- For snags and pulls simply push back the stray threads with a needle to the inside of the top. These simple tips can help keep your clothing almost as good as new.
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No