Biggest skin mistakes - EVER
You may not want to admit it, chomas, but you know you could be better at taking care of your skin. It’s time to stop the abuse and start fessing up to your biggest skin mistakes now!
You’ll need to rethink your bad habits when it comes to your skin if you've guilty of:
- Washing your face with harsh soap: You need to choose a cleanser that will suit your skin type. Oily skin needs a light gel formulated cleanser to control your skin's oil production. For dry skin, go for a product that moisturises while cleansing. Think cleansing cream or cleansing milk. But don’t use plain old soap. Soap is harsh on your face and tends to dry it out more than anything.
- Going to bed with your make-up on: Don't! No matter how tired you are or how late it is, take off your make-up. Daily skin cleansing is important morning and night.
- Popping your pimples: It’s difficult not to want to pop those ugly pimples but you're better off if you resist the urge. Popping your pimples can make them look redder and bigger than before. You can spread the pimple-causing bacteria to other areas of your face resulting in even more breakouts. There is also the risk of leaving marks or scars on your face and you certainly don't want that.
- Using a dirty phone: Yes, your cellphone could be causing your breakouts. Be sure to wipe down your cellphone with an anti-bacterial wet wipe to keep it clean. While you're at it make sure your pillowcases are clean and please use clean towels on your face.
- Skipping the Zzzs, H2O and sunscreen: Not getting your nightly dose of beauty sleep and not drinking enough water can leave your skin looking old before its time. Make sure you get a sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor or SPF of 15 or higher. The SPF is a measure of how well the sunscreen will protect against sunburn. Don't leave home without it and apply every two hours if you are going to be outdoors.
Put an end to your biggest skin mistakes today and your skin will thank you for it later.
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No