Fashion trends we love and how to rock them.
How to fix fashion fails
Everyone has some or other fashion fail when they least expect it. And just when you think no one will notice, everyone does. Save yourself the embarrassment with these clever ways to fix the most common of fashion fails:
- Fallen hems on pants or skirts can easily be fixed with tape or safety pins. They also work well for annoying bra straps that keep falling off.
- The last thing a gal needs is a ladder or hole on your pantyhose or stockings. If isn’t where it can be seen and depending how bad it is, you can prevent further ladders by dabbing on some clear nail polish.
- Got bad underarm deo stains on your favourite top? Try applying lemon juice on the stain area until wet then rub on teaspoon of salt until the stain begins to disappear. Throw into the wash as usual. Or you could make a paste out of baking soda and water and rub it on the stain. Leave it on for 60 minutes than rinse with cold water and put into the wash.
- Scuff marks on shoes? Restore you patent leather shoes to shiny newness using plain old petroleum jelly.
- Food stains on clothing are inevitable. Be smart and carry some pocket wet wipes to attend to little stains as and when they happen.
- Got a stuck zipper? Rub on some candle wax or a bar of soap to the stuck zipper and with the right amount of tugging and pulling it should budge.
- Fraying button threads are sure to lose you a button if you are not careful. Some clear nail polish applied on top of the button should keep the threads in place and your button safe for the moment.
- Pulling jerseys or tops are the worst. Apply a Velcro material on the clothing item and get rid of the unsightly pilling. For snags and pulls simply push back the stray threads with a needle or safety pin, to the inside of the top. Try and knot the snag to prevent it from coming loose and add a dab of clear nail polish to make sure it is secured.
- If you have a broken heel, you could stand in one spot for the whole of the party or you could realise that a tube of super glue in your handbag is just as important as mascara and lipstick.
Fashion fails don’t have to be the end of the world. Where there’s a will, there is a way to fix it.
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No