6 Steps to sporty chic
You don't have to be a girly girl in heels to be in fashion. Embrace your inner tomboy and rock the sporty chic look that is not only comfortable but in style too.
Here are our top tips on making tracksuits trendy:
- When it comes to sporty chic go for cuts with clean, straight lines, zippers, utility pockets, striped or leather trims, high necklines, mesh or patent fabrics and bold statement jewellery. Keep colours in-season and don’t be afraid to go for a bit of colour-blocking (a way of combining various solid colours in an outfit.)
- If you are looking for that active edge, try Capri or skinny pants with plain tank top and mesh vest over it. Slip on a trendy pair of high-top sneakers or flip flops and you are all set. A pair of shades and an animal printed scarf will complete your look.
- Don’t forget those oversized hoodies or bomber jackets to carry of your sporty-inspired. Throw them over a pair of jeans or even a pencil skirt as RiRi does. Sneakers or chunky heels will go well – it’s up to you.
- Graphic number tees, baseball tops or crop tops with sporty motifs speak sporty spirit. Striped or solid golf tees are also not a bad idea either.
- A baseball cap, snapback or beanie is good sporty accessories to have. While track shorts and tennis skirts are also a must for the sporty chic wardrobe.
- Add a touch of cool with bangle bracelets and statement necklaces. Think sleek ponytail up-styles, box braids or a short haircut.
Keep your sporty look comfy and chic and carry it off with a smile. Try shopping for your sporty look at Mr Price. Image: Rita Ora on Instagram
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No