How to be friends with a guy
Want to hang out with the guys? Be one of the crew? If you want to be friends with a guy, there are few simple rules of friendship that need to be followed. Firstly, make sure that all you want to be is just friends.
Here’s how to be friends with a guy:
- Get to know him. Make some small talk at first – ask a question about that Bio assignment or last night’s sports game. Don’t stare or stalk him. Just be cool. Find out what he likes and dislikes. This will make for easy conversation starters and sooner or later he will warm up to you. Don’t give him any ideas about being more than just friends. If you have to, make it known that you just want to be friends.
- Be one of the guys. Show him that you can burp, guzzle down food and go car-crazy like the best of them – depending on far you are willing to of course. Laugh and joke with him. Guys like a good laugh. Remember that boys are usually less self-conscious than us ladies. And they're not nearly as emotional as we are. Not get frustrated by this. See it as a bonus.
- Go out in groups. You may be friends, but limit the things you do together. You're not a couple and you don’t want others to get the wrong idea, so it’s best you go out with groups of people if you are going to be hanging out a lot.
- Don’t get touchy-feely. A pat on the back, a quick hug hello or a fist bump is all that’s necessary. There is no need to get flirty as you don’t want him to start getting the wrong idea. You're chomas after all and nothing more.
- Don’t talk relationships. Don’t go discussing your problems with your boyfriend and don’t bad-mouth his girlfriend, no matter what the situation. These topics are best saved for your girlfriends. Guys are not into analysing relationships like girls do.
Some people don't think it's possible to be friends with a guy but we disagree. We've had some solid friendships with guys who have made us see the world in a whole new way. Guys tell it like it is, they don't gossip or sulk (usually) and they can be loads of fun.
Image credit: Photl.com
Did you find this article helpful? Yes No